Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I AM MY FATHER'S DAUGHTER






I think the Scott Sisters got their love of motorcycles from our Father.  When we were in St Pete Beach we took in the First Annual St Pete Beach Bike Fest held at the Tradewinds resort.  I have never seen so many bikes - the majority of them Harley Davidson's with a few other models scattered here and there.  There were thousands - they put plastic down on the tennis courts and parked some bikes there.  There were a ton them ready for the auction held on Friday and Saturday.  There was a tent set up for the "custom" bikes.  The bike in the last picture had a 34" front wheel and the owner drove it on the highway from New Port Richie.  They had tents set up for t-shirts and patches and all sorts of leather gear.  Helmets and bike parts were everywhere.  And the noise!!!!  It was amazing.  I love the sound of a Harley.  You can feel it in your bones.  St Pete Beach has one main street - Gulf Blvd - and I could have set up my beach chair out on the sidewalk and watched all the bikes go by.  An amazing sight to see.  And Hear!!!

No comments: