Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

A GREAT RIDE









It was a beautiful day yesterday so I suggested a bike ride in the afternoon, once we had established it wouldn't rain.  Rick and I would have our guns with us in case we saw any birds and Jason and Steve were just along for the ride.  Rejean had to get gas so he stayed back.
We went down FootPrint Lake road and enjoyed the scenery and the beautiful leaves.  It was quite warm but damp.  I lead them over to where we can see the Mississaugi river where we ran into Brent and Nat and their friends.  They hadn't seen any bird either.  We stopped and enjoyed the view of the mighty Mississaugi smooth as glass.  You don't see it like that very often.
Because it was so warm out, the snakes were out and about.  I rescued one on 129 - he wasn't too happy with me helping him across the road - he was trying to rear his head and lunge at me - thank goodness he was just a little garter snake.  I ran over one on FootPrint Lake road and I had to veer quickly on Axe Lake road to avoid running over another one.  We took the Axe Lake Trail back and it was very very muddy - lots of puddles.  We had to hose all the bikes down when we got back to get all the mud off of them.
And the leaves are still beautiful...

No comments: