Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

RESCUE IN THE SNOW










It has been snowing to beat the band lately and the amount of snow on the roofs of the trailers around here need to be cleared.  Rejean took the snowmobile to the other property and took the phone with him in case he got stuck.  Well, he called.  The snow at the other garage was pretty deep and he got stuck trying to make the turn.  I got on my trustee handmade snowshoes and made the trek over there.  I tramped down the snow in front of the machine to meet the trail he made on the way in.  It took some lifting and struggling but we got it unstuck.  I was lucky in the shovelling department.  He only brought one shovel with him so I just watched and tramped.
My snowshoes were made over 20 years ago by a man in Newfoundland.  I saw a Land and Sea program on him and how he made them.  I contacted him and had two pairs made and shipped to us.  They are very well made and will probably outlive the both of us.
We are in the middle of another snow storm today.  And we haven't lost power - yet!!!

And that pile of wood under all that snow is just waiting for spring to become our next couple of years' supply of fire wood.

No comments: