Total Pageviews

Monday, April 15, 2019

BUNCH OF STUFF




I got to drive the tractor the other day.  That is always fun.  We had to get some trap rock down to make the driveway safe.  It was icy.  The loader is full of trap rock that I loaded and Rejean spreads it with the shovel.  It takes two.








  And 
the Hooters were out last night.  Ginny, myself, Diane and Mary (replacing Ute) headed out after a delicious Mexican meal at my house to see if we can hear some Owls. I think we all have about 20 layers on - I could barely move!! The pictures are from our starting point.  I call it The Burn because it is where the controlled burn got away from the MNR and almost burned the forest down.  It is coming back tho.  The northern skies were amazing at 8:30 pm when we started.  There at 10 stops in all and we play a tape with some Owl calls on it and then listen for any replies from native Owls.  We heard some - or should I say they heard some.  As I have mentioned before, I can't hear Owls.  Got home at 11:30 pm a wee bit tired and chilly.



And today Rejean is plowing the snow into the other property to get at some stuff.  If we wait for the snow to melt we could be into June!!  Too wet to blow so he has to use the loader to clear the driveway.  
The joys of living up North...

No comments: