Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 11, 2021

STAYING BUSY IN THIS PANDEMIC WORLD





 Watching the birds that frequent our bird feeder has become a favourite past time for us.  We have had quite a few different species of birds regularly visiting the feeder.  We spread seed down on the ground in a few spots for the ground feeding birds and the squirrels of course.  We had the Pine Grosbeaks finally come back after a few years absence and then we had a few Evening Grosbeaks (the yellow colour) make an appearance.  Beautiful birds.  

Rejean bought a new toy from Lee Valley to make his signs for the hiking trails around the property.  Trying to find cedar boards proved to be harder than expected but we finally found some.  It is keeping him busy.

Stacey and Sam are coming to visit this weekend.  It is always a fun weekend when they visit.  I will not be partaking of any beverages as I am now on day 11 of going alcohol free.  It has been a lot easier than I thought it would be but then again, I knew it would be easy.  Being the daughter of an alcoholic, I feel there is always that chance that I may have inherited that gene.  I have done the monthly abstaining from alcohol before without any problems and I like to challenge myself every once in a while just to be sure.  I don't feel any urges at all.  

Just a few more days until the lockdown in our area will be over.  It will be nice to see people again - but at a safe distance.

No comments: