Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

A GOOD DAY FISHING








It is the latest we have been out fishing on Tunnel Lake.  October 8th is getting late in the season but it was going to be a nice day so we called Ron and asked if he wanted to go fishing.  He immediately said YES even before Rejean had finished his question.  So at the crack of 7am in -2 degree weather, we met Ron at Hooverville.  As soon as I got my line in the water I got a big hit and had one on for about 3 1/2 seconds, but long enough to know it was a good one.  It was a good sign.  Our total for the day was 7 walleye, 3 jumbo perch, a bass and a nice pike.  Ron and I even got a double header!!  Two nice walleye.  But what a beautiful morning it was.  It was a little cool but we were dressed for it.  Rejean and I.  Ron, as usual, had on a t-shirt and a jacket - no gloves.  I swear he has a furnace in that body of his.  My feet got cold but as soon as I started catching fish, I just ignored them.
The colours were beautiful and the water was calm.  Once we got back to the landing, we had our celebratory beverages and talked about the morning.  The guys got to work cleaning the fish once we got back to our place.  We took the carcasses over to the mine side to feed the creatures.
There are still some nice days coming up for more fishing adventures.

No comments: