Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 14, 2011

LOOKING GOOD


My garden is looking quite good this year - but so is everything up here - it has been a very good year for new growth - it rains just when it needs to and the berry crop is going to be exceptional. The trick is to get to the berries before the bears do. It is fun to come across a great bush of raspberries and just stop and eat till you are full. Yum Yum.
Tomorrow I start working at the Wharncliffe Hall to prepare for Sunday's Chicken and Fish Fry. 3 days of preparation. Making jello salads, pasta and macaroni salads, deviled eggs, bean salad , cole slaw, peeling 70 pounds of potatoes (Jerry has offered to do that - thank you Jerry) veggie trays, cheese trays, corn fritters, pickle trays, 50 pounds of white fish and 60 pounds of chicken. AND it is supposed to be 30 degrees with a humidex of over 45 on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will probably loose about 10 pounds working in that hot kitchen. I'll have to stay very hydrated (I may have to sneak a cold beer - did I say beer? I meant water...)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: