Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

THE PIKE MAN

Rejean caught all the pike on this trip so we now call him the Pike Man. This beaut was caught in 2 Pike Bay (we named the little bays we discovered according to what we caught in them) and it jumped completly out of the water - a sight to see for sure. But Ron had put his rod down to net Rejean's fish and he had a habit of not reeling in his line so when the fish was coming around to the side his rod was in, I picked it up to get it out of the way and discovered he had a fish on too!!! I yelled that he had a fish on too but that I would take care of it so Ron could net Rejean's larger pike (wasn't I nice). So Ron, in fact, landed his own pike.  I think he thinks I did that on purpose (I will never tell...)
Rejean did lose a BIG pike - he had it on for a few minutes and we did get a look at it - and it was big - but he didn't have a wire leader on as we weren't fishing for pike so he did eventually loose it but everyone had fun watching him fight it.  And they do call it fishing, not catching...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting story, you guys sure know how to live...fish...enjoy... what's around.
Keep up the good "work":)
Ute

Michael William Scott said...

Nice one, Rejean! How'd he taste? Good, I bet.