Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 15, 2014

MORE JAMAICAN FUN




We flew out of the Sault to Toronto and then on to Montego Bay - after a 2 hour van ride along the coast we arrived at the resort.  Couples San Souci in Ocho Rios.
I had been on Trip Advisor for weeks reading all the reviews so I knew basically what to expect.  I would say that 99 percent of the reviews were great with the occasional bad one but you can't please everyone.  I knew I wanted a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor for the view but when we were assigned a ground floor room, I wasn't too happy but I am sure glad we didn't change it.  It was perfect.  We would lock the main door then go out the patio door to the dinners and bar which was right across the lawn.  We had an amazing view as you can see from the previous post.  We had coffee and pastries delivered every morning to have on our little patio.  The ones we didn't eat we gave to the turtles in the pond - every morning they would see us walk over and they would all swim over to be fed - there had to be about 30 of them - all sizes.  So much fun!!!
We were greeted by some towel art on the bed when we checked in.  The room was a bit musty but we were in the tropics - what can you expect.  The room was just as described on the web site.
The next day a bottle of champagne and a fruit plate were delivered to the room for my birthday which was the day before.  How thoughtful.  It made me feel special.  Hell, I felt special for 10 days at the resort.  The staff were simply incredible.  You couldn't pass anyone without them saying hello and asking how you were and if you needed any help.  They were singing as they were working.  You couldn't help but be happy in Jamaica.
It is a small resort - about 150 room and adults only so even at full capacity there would be only 300 guests and there were 300 employees all doing their various jobs.  The place never felt crowded - no lines for anything.
And the food...

No comments: