Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 28, 2015

THESSALON LEGION FISH FRY







It was the Friday nite Fish Fry at the Legion in Thessalon and a bunch of us went.  We had our special table set up downstairs close to the bar.  There was Len, Ute, Ron, Mary Linda, John, Roger, Bruce, Diane, Doug, Darlene and Ron and Rejean and I - quite the table.
The menu is very simple and always the same.  Pickles, buns, cole slaw, baked potato and fish and for desert, vanilla ice cream with either strawberry sauce or butterscotch topping.  That is my desert in the bottom picture - I like lots of butterscotch on my ice cream and it is the only time I eat ice cream is at the fish fry.
The fish is delicious and always fresh.  They have 2 fryers and dish out as much as you want to the people in line.  If you stand there they will continue to pile up your plate.  I had 3 pieces last nite.
The volunteers in the kitchen are always so happy and friendly.  My friends Ed and Lynn are fooling around with the coleslaw bin.
I also had a draft beer to go with my meal - it was, after all,  Friday and after 4pm so I could drink.
The fish fries are held on the last Friday of each month except July, August and December.
A good time was had by all and I was home by 7:45pm.  LOL

No comments: