Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

THE ROBINSON WEDDING











I will have to take a few days to completely report on the Robinson Wedding we attended this past weekend in Engelhart.  We got there on Thursday after travelling up with Joanne and Mitch - it was a hot day and the car's outside temperature recorded a high of 35!!!  Thank goodness the hotel had air conditioning (once you figured out how to work the air conditioner)  Our job on Friday was to help with the food for the 11pm buffet the next day, help decorate the hall and I had to prepare my devilled eggs for that evening's BBQ held back at Kyle and Malorie's farm.  I was very proud of myself for making the "meat flowers" for the trays of lunch meat I helped make - rolling meat is an art!!!  Dora taught me well and trusted me to make the final couple of flowers.  Deb was busy in a corner working on the wedding cake - I did sample the icing and it was delicious.  Jack and Sue supplied the smoked pork chops and sausage for the BBQ and Rejean and Mitch cooked them to perfection.  I think there were over 50 people there.  One of the gifts was a  hand painted sign for the farm with Kyle and Mal and Colton and Camryn's name on it.  It was beautiful.  The Robinson cooler was lent to them by Sue who won it at one of the Buck and Doe events.  The beer was kept very cold!!!  We then headed back to the hotel where a "family room" was set up for the guests and we all sat around and had a great time talking about everyone and everything and drinking.  It was not a late night for me because I wanted to get enough rest to stay up late the next night - which I did!!!

No comments: