Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 19, 2017

READY - THE OLD SCHOOL WAY



I hear there is going to be a Total Eclipse of the Sun on Monday - depending on where you live.  And there has been a run on glasses that you can wear to safely watch it.  People are paying stupid amounts of money to purchase them because there is a shortage and time is running out.

Well, I have solved that problem by making my own Eclipse Viewing Contraption.  Back when I was a child and there was another eclipse, we made these EVCs in school or at home out of empty cereal boxes.  There is a video on Facebook that shows you how to make them.  All you need is an empty cereal box (or Old El Paso Taco Kit box), scissors, a piece of white paper, tape and tin foil.  And viola - you eyes are protected.  No you won't see the actual sun and moon thing, but you will see a pretty good sequence of the eclipse at the bottom of the cereal box on the white paper.  You will see the moon shape slowly cover a bright round dot at the bottom of the box.  You must stand with your back to the sun which is another safety feature of my EVC.

I made one for us and one for Joanne and Mitch.

I will be outside on Monday afternoon with my Frosted Flakes  EVC in one hand and a cocktail in the other waiting for the moon to come around.

  Cheers to a cloud free day!!

No comments: