Total Pageviews

Monday, September 25, 2017

A VERY GOOD MORNING FISHING








We were on the lake by 7am this morning - Rejean's idea.  It started off slow but quickly picked up.  We were getting some smaller walleye but the majority were keepers.  I got a beautiful jumbo perch and a 34 inch pike!!!  Thought I had a snag and even released my line for Rejean to turn the boat around to try and free it.  When I tightened up my line I realized I had a fish on.  A big one!!  It pulled drag a number of times and I was hoping for a big walleye.  Turned out it was a big pike.  Just barely fit in the net.  I had him in the corner of his mouth thank goodness because I didn't have a leader on as we were just bottom bouncing with worms.  Got my picture taken with him and let him go.  Sorry Jack.  But what a fun time I had pulling him in - he was big!!
Between Rick and Rejean and myself we got enough for a nice fish dinner on Wednesday nite.

No comments: