Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 9, 2017

STAY SAFE




Every November for about the past ten years I have been going down to Florida during the same week to the same place - the Bon Aire - in St Pete Beach.
It is an amazing place kind of like what Florida was like back in the 50's.  Not a grand hotel like the Don Caesar down the street or the huge resort like the Trade Winds.  It is a family owned establishment that I have come to love and look forward to vacationing there each year.  I know where to go for a good breakfast.  There is a Walgreens right across the street and a Publix grocery store within walking distance and, most importantly, there is a liquor store also in the neighbourhood.  We know about the Beach Rides and about the Tuesday nite Mo-Town music by Act 3 at Sea Hags.  We know about the great Eggs Benedict at the Sea Turtle Restaurant and how good their fish and chips are.  Sunday breakfast at Beverley's and then the Corey Avenue market.  John's Pass has a great $10 jewellery store.
I know what this area has to offer.  I know people there.  I know what the Bon Aire looks like and how much I love it.
The monster storm heading their way scares the shit out of me.  I feel ill.  I can't not watch the news and know what is heading towards them.  The destruction that Irma has already left in her path is mind numbing.
I hope everyone is and stays safe.
Florida is in my thoughts and prayers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bon-Aire Resort is in St. Pete Beach, Florida.
September 11 at 5:07pm ·
We came back to a winter wonderland!
We are so fortunate that we did not have any significant damage. We lost a couple awnings and a couple of trees. We will post more pictures later but it's time to start shoveling!