Total Pageviews

Friday, September 1, 2017

THEY ARE BACK



Look who is back in the neighbourhood.  Mama Bear and Baby Bear and the big Poppa Bear.
Knowing that they are around and actually quite close, makes my walks to get the mail a bit dicey and Joanne doesn't want to walk thru the bush to get to the road for our morning walks.  I carry my Bear whistle and we both have walking sticks.  I am not too concerned but Joanne is a little leary so we walk the road for 90% of our walks.  We cut thru on the mine side for the end of the walk.
The berries have been very good this year so there is plenty of food in the bush for them - I just hope they decide to mosey along and out of this area.
  

And we saw this Monarch butterfly on our walk the other day.  Joanne got a few good pictures without disturbing him.  The next day it was in the same spot.  I guess he had died on the flower and just stuck to it.  Too bad.  We don't see a lot of Monarchs these days...

No comments: