Total Pageviews

Monday, October 9, 2017

A DELICIOUS HOLIDAY


Had Joanne and Mitch over for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday.  Everything made from scratch as Joanne told me they don't like boxed stuffing or instant mashed potatoes.  So, I googled a few recipes for classic stuffing and went to work.  And it turned out delicious.  I surprised myself.  We brined the turkey at 9:30pm the nite before because we both forgot about doing it.  So after the movie we used the vegetable crisper in the fridge to hold the turkey and the brine.  Worked like a charm.  The real mashed potatoes and stuffing and cranberries and turkey were my responsibility and Joanne did the carrots and gravy and pie.  I put out some olives and beets and buns to finish the feast.
And everyone got  leftovers!!!

No comments: