Total Pageviews

Friday, October 13, 2017

AUTUMN ADVENTURES









Lots of stuff happening up here during the last few weeks.  The leaves have finally decided that they do want to change after that amazing warm spell we had.  We finally got our summer weather and it totally confused the trees.  But now we are enjoying the colours - finally.
Mitch and Joanne have accomplished tons of work on their place.  Their new deck is amazing and really adds to their living space and Mitch's bbq area is used very frequently.  He got the idea from Pinterest!!  Who Knew?  They have painted their outhouse and bunk to match the garage - the house will be next year.
I also included a picture of our Thanksgiving feast from last week plus a picture of Joanne taking a picture of the coconut cream pie from Bobbers.  It was almost 100% coconut - of which I am not a fan.  Joanne and Rejean enjoyed it tho.  Next year I get to pick the pie!!  Cherry!
Rejean and I got away for a couple of days hunting up at Hinckler and we managed to get 12 - I replenished my soup supply.  It was a slow start but who really cared as the weather was perfect for riding the trails.  I got to see the back end of a big Lynx twice on the last day.  He was ahead of me on the trail and when I turned the corner I caught a glimpse of him.  I stopped to let Rejean know and then proceeded up the trail again and there he was - this time he ran into the bush.  But what a thrilling sight to see.  We immediately got a bird so I was keeping my eye out down the trail in case Mr. Lynx decided to try and steal our bird.
The picture of the sun rise and headlights let you know we were out at the crack of dawn in order to get to our spot for hunting that day,.  No one else around and with our new heated hand grips the cold was not an issue.
The last picture is for my sister Joanne.  She loves the Tamarack trees up here and they have started to turn golden.  Can't really tell in this picture but they were beautiful.
Doing all of our chores before winter comes - still lots to get done.

No comments: