Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 3, 2017

A CHRISTMAS TRADITION


It is a Christmas tradition that my M-I-L Claire,  bakes/cooks tourtiere pies and gives them out as gifts to her children and grandchildren and D-I-Ls like me.  This year they set a record of 36 pies in 4 1/2 hours - all hand made and home made pastry in a home with one oven.  Talk about a production line.
This year Matthew helped out Anne, Nikki and Claire.  I hope to make the team next year if they give me about two days notice to make the trip down to Windsor.
And usually earlier in the year they make a good batch of chili sauce to accompany the meat pies.
It is a gift of Love that you can eat and enjoy and savour every mouthful.

I look forward to Christmas Eve for my first taste of this year's pies.  They will be delicious!!

No comments: