Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 17, 2017

SURPRISE!!!








It had been in the planning stages for a few months - a surprise 70th birthday party for Roger.  Ute let us know well in advance about the plans for the party and it went off without a hitch.  John and Rejean took Roger to the Legion from 3pm til 5pm while Ute finished off the decorations and Linda and I went over at around 4 to lend a hand.  I was in charge of the cheese "butcher block" tray.  Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.
I met a lot of new people from town - people I have seen but never knew who they were and a lot of friends from up the highway.
There were lots of munchies and the catered food arrived just at the right time.  Delicious!  My first time eating a Turducken - turkey, duck and chicken all rolled into one.
Roger enjoyed his gifts as a lot of them were bottles of booze - which he likes.  I gave him a biker t-shirt from Florida and he liked that - because there was also a bottle of vodka wrapped up in the t-shirt.
Such a fun time with friends especially at this time of year.

No comments: