Total Pageviews

Friday, April 27, 2018

MY NEW FRIEND






Look what I picked up at Pino's the other day.  A Venus Fly Trap!!!!  And the card said it was from Colasanti's in Leamington - where I used to go quite often back in the day.
I got it home and made sure it was comfortable.  It likes direct sun and to stay very moist as it's natural habitat is a bog.  It seemed to be at home as a couple of it's "flowers" opened wide and I proceeded to stalk and stun a fly to feed it.  I was on my hands and knees with tweezers in my hand under the chairs in the sun room retrieving my prize.  I picked it up and as soon as I introduced the dazed but fully alive fly into an open mouth, it closed on the morsel.  I have fed it three times and now I am going to let it rest and digest it's meals.  I thought it would be easy finding food for it as we seem to get a lot of flies in the sun room.  But as soon as I got my Fly Trap home, the flies disappeared.  Figures!!

I hope it doesn't get too big ... I have small humans coming in July ...

No comments: