Total Pageviews

Friday, August 31, 2018

FUN DAY











Joanne and I had a fun day today.  Our plans were to check out the driftwood on Tunnel Lake via Footprint Lake Road.  We hadn't been down that trail in a while and it proved to be an exciting ride.  We accessed it from the Axe Lake connection which was in pretty good shape.  The water levels were low so we were able to walk along the shore and check out the drift wood pieces.  We both found some and attached them to our bikes by the ever handy bungee cords.  We cast in a few lines and Joanne got a few nibbles but that was it.  On our way out we encountered 4 Partridges - and me without my gun.  But the season doesn't start until September 15th so these guys were safe.  Also along the trail we came across a big pile of semi-fresh bear poop with no seeds in it.  Joanne put her boot there for a size comparison.  We quickly left that area.
It was a beautiful day for a ride.  We decided to save the pink rock and Snowshoe fishing for when Susan gets here.  She has to have some fun too.

I notice my timer on the camera is off by a couple of hours - I will have that fixed for the next time.

No comments: