Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 26, 2018

IT REALLY IS ALL FUN AND GAMES



I headed over to Joanne and Mitch's today and ran into the Axe Lake Road Crew.  They were hard at work raking the road.  A few weeks ago they had removed a bunch of stones that seem to grow over the winter.  Good Job Guys!!



Barry built his new deer blind when he was up here this summer.  Another condo on stilts.  A great view of the surrounding area.  I bet he gets one this year - I hope!!


Barry and Sandy caught some nice bass out of Cheney.  We invited them over so that they could catch some "bigger" fish than what they had been catching.   They were happy.

And it has been very dry here and when that happens, we get the fire hose out and water down the surrounding area.  Rick was on hose duty here.  We finally got rain and they did lift the fire ban, but in my opinion, it is too early.  The bush is still very dry.





And today's adventure was retrieving a beautiful pudding stone boulder we found the other day.  Joanne, Mitch and myself successfully transferred the treasure without injury to human or bike or trailer.  We had to use our winches to coax the rock onto the trailer and from then on it was smooth sailing.  After some power washing the stone should be a masterpiece and a beautiful addition to Joanne's collection.  
It was fun!!




And finally, I made my BBQ sauce a few weeks ago and then made some relish and finally, for the first time, I made pickles!!  The recipe was called bucket pickles and with Joanne's help, I made enough for her and I to last a few months.  And they were delicious!!

No comments: