Total Pageviews

Monday, June 18, 2012

A GOOD NITE FOR FISHING - OBVIOUSLY

It was a nice day yesterday - Sunday - and looking even better the later in the day you got so I persuaded Rejean to take me fishing (wasn't too hard to do).  It would have been the first time I was in the boat this year.  We were trying a new rig - a "slow death" hook, sinker and just a worm.  We trolled along the shore on Tunnel Lake.  Now I have been fishing a long time and know the difference between a snag and a fish - or so I thought.  I announced I had a fish - a big fish - on.  It was moving and I was reeling it in - Rejean had the net and was ready to net him.  After a few minutes, I noticed that it was not moving and realized it had been a snag all along.  Rejean laughed and teased me for a while after - quite a while after if you must know.  "It was a bottom fish - tree trout - big fish" I just put up with it and kept on fishing.  I let him have his fun.
Then, I hooked into this big one.  I felt it move so I thought it's a big fish - then it didn't move and I second guessed myself because of what had happened earlier.  I didn't want a replay of the previous "fish".  But then it moved again and I was reeling it in.  I must have changed my mind about it being a fish, no a snag, no a fish,  a few times.  Finally you could see the flash of gold and Rejean netted it.  What a beauty - I think it is the biggest walleye I have ever caught.  24 inches long!!  We didn't have a scale but guessed it to be 4 - 4 1/2 pounds.  I think because it was so big that it really
Rejean had got a small one earlier in the evening so everyone caught a fish.  It is cleaned and ready for dinner tomorrow nite.  Even the cheeks are big!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice fish, congrats!