Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

JUST A LAZY DAY ON THE LOG

Not me!!  Just these 3 lazy turtles I saw on the way out of Hinkler last week.  We were on our way out and I just happened to catch a glimpse of these guys.  I made Rejean back up for the photo op.  They didn't even move.  It's the time of year when you will see them at the side (or on) the roads getting ready to lay their eggs in the gravel along side of the highways.  On my way home from Windsor today, I saw 2 along I75.  One I passed over and the other one was safely off the road.  They were both snappers.  I will stop and help the painted turtles but not the snappers.  There is no safe way to move those suckers. Their necks can reach around and once they get a hold of you, they don't let go.
Tomorrow I help the North Shore Fisheries again.  Mainly to take pictures.  It is the helicopter stocking method - so I get to get real close to a helicopter.  Ron will get a chance to go up and probably Rejean but I am new so I have to wait a couple of years for my turn.  But it is exciting to see.  Then Friday is when we get to go into a lake and use pails transport the fish to the water.  I'll be taking lots of pictures for sure.
See Ya Bye

No comments: