Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

NO, THEY ARE NOT POISONOUS

Actually they help the gardeners by eating snails, slugs and other pests and if bitten, they have very small ineffective fangs.  But I don't get close enough for them to bite me.  I was out of range of that snake as fast as humanly possible - even on that rock pile.  Back in my younger days, I used to "collect" garter snakes in my neighbourhood and take them home, much to the chagrin of my mother.  But those days are long gone.  But I do feed them worms when I find them around the property.  I am fascinated by their abilities to hunt and swallow things.  In one of my earlier posts, I did put a picture of a snake eating a toad and a later picture of the big "bump" in the body of the snake.  Weird I know but that is just the way I am.

No comments: