Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

MY RAVEN




Usually every morning when I wake up, this guy is waiting for me quietly on the branch of the big pine tree.  He is very quiet except when the fox is hanging around - then he caws - and caws - and caws.  I go downstairs and go outside - the raven sees me and hops to another branch where he thinks I can't see him.  He waits until I have put the bread (or whatever leftovers I have) on the ground and turn to go back in.  I can see him fly down in the reflection of the windows in front of me.  He thinks I don't see him.  He hops toward the bread - he stops and scans - then hops over a few feet closer and stops and scans.  If it is something he doesn't recognize, he hops sideways towards it and jabs at it quickly - to see if it is still moving I think.  He'll eat one or two pieces then stuffs as much as he can fit in his beak and flies away to stash it then returns for the rest.  And he does a good job of stashing it - I have looked and I can't find it.
Once in a while there is another one with him.  They seem to share the food and calmly wait for the other to finish stuffing the bread in it's beak.
Nature is great!!

No comments: