Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

GIRL'S NIGHT OUT



Ute had a Pampered Chef party last night so Mary, Diane and I headed into town to join the festivities.  Any excuse to get out of the house is a welcome occasion especially after such a bad February and winter for that matter.  It was a full house with a lot of Ute's new friends from town.  I met a lot of ladies I didn't know but had seen in town the past couple of years - it is nice to put a name to a face (while I still could remember their names).  Speaking of remembering names, our Pampered Chef representative remembered every one's name - I kid you not.  When she spoke to us, she mentioned our names every time.  I was in awe as I have a hard time remembering names.  Kim said her trick is when she meets someone new, she has them repeat their names and she does as well.  And it works for her.
One of the highlights of a Pampered Chef party is that food is prepared using items that are available for sale.  The menu last night was a Mediterranean pizza and a lemon desert.  I am not one for black olives but when they are cut up into such small pieces, I barely noticed them and when mixed with the tomatoes, garlic and cheese, well, it was delicious!!  And the desert!!  Some lemon pie filling, half a package of white cake mix, an egg and marshmallows combined to make one amazing desert and I am not a desert girl but this one was one I will have to keep in my "to make list".
I bought a couple of things that I needed but certainly could have ordered a whole lot more and she did mention a party dedicated strictly to salsas - hmmmm.  Nice hot day, salsa and margaritas - goes so well, doesn't it…
Thanks for the party, Ute.  We all had a great time.

No comments: