Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 14, 2015

ROAST BEAR

I usually do a Deer and Beer dinner for the hunters at the end of the hunt but since I didn't have any venison, I did a roast bear dinner.  I had a couple of roasts from the bear Rejean shot and a good recipe so I attempted it.  You marinate in red wine, olive oil and Italian seasoning for 24 hours.  Then in the slow cooker with mushroom and onion soup and mushroom pieces and stems on low for 7 hours.  I made a gravy with the liquids.  I put the potatoes and carrots in the slow cooker with the roasts and it turned out pretty good.  I still have my cold so I didn't get the true taste of the meat.  Everyone else said they enjoyed it.  It was so tender it just about fell apart.
By the time I put the food on the table and grabbed my camera, people had helped themselves to the platters already so that is why it looks a bit empty.
I have a couple more recipes and a lot of bear in my freezer so I will be experimenting this winter.  The bear pepperonis are delicious by the way...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Want to trade bear for Bambi ?

northernbliss said...

Sure!!