Total Pageviews

Friday, September 9, 2016

TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE NICE WEATHER












The days are getting shorter and the hot hot days are gone.  When the weather changes you do take advantage of a nice day so we got the Band back together and got in a little kayaking on the river again.  Mitch kind of Macgyver'd his kayak to make it a little more comfortable for his physique - it seemed to work.
My fishing rod of choice today was an ice fishing rod with a small regular reel and I used a hook and a worm and splitshot.  Last time I do because the split shot kept falling down the last eye and I had to adjust it a lot of the time.  The river was low and I misjudged how long it would take me to paddle over to  the far shore to go down a set of small rapids.  I bottomed out and I had to stand up and step into the water a couple of times.  Too far to "jerk off" the rocks (kayak talk - nothing dirty).  There was a good stretch that had big rock faces so Joanne tucked in there to fish a hole.  It was kind of windy so hard to remain in one place without too much effort.
We have a Go-Pro now so I will read up on how to get a video on this Blog to let you see the action photos.  Rejean wore it on his hat for the river run.  Fun to watch.

No comments: