Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 4, 2016

MOONLIGHT MADNESS IN BEAUTIFUL DOWNTOWN THESSALON




Friday nite was MoonLight Madness in Thessalon - all the stores are open late with sales and door prizes galore.  We first started the evening with dinner at the Sinton Tavern - it was the owners' last night open for business as they are now retired.  The Sinton will now be run by some locals who I am sure are going to be just as successful as Rudy and his wife.  After dinner the ladies hit the shops.  My favourite store is Forestland.  It is jammed full of lots of neat stuff - clothes, kitchen items, jewellery, baby stuff.  You name it they have it.  I can never go into that store without buying something.  Poor Diane broke a coffee cup - it is a very tight squeeze down some of those aisles and her purse just happened to catch the cup and down it went.  She felt so bad but the staff explained that it happens quite often.  I can believe that.  Next there was a craft display at the Legion so off we went.  Lots of nice stuff and I picked up a pair of earrings from one of the vendors.  Hand made and I love them.  Merry Christmas to me.
We finished the night at the curling club.  Not as many people downtown as previous years.  But to those of us who were there, we had a great time.  I like to support the local economy.

No comments: