Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

CREATURES










It has been a busy week for creature sightings.  Some I didn't have my camera handy and others where I did!!
I saved a baby snapping turtle at the foot of our driveway.  Have no idea where he came from.  I looked for the nest but couldn't see it.  I placed him in the ditch.  He was heading for the lake but I think the ditch was a better choice at least for me.
Then I saved a couple of toads from being squished by the tractor as we were berming the trailer pad.  They are safe now.
Saw a killdeer at a local boat launch.  They nest on the ground and this particular one was right beside the parking lot.  Someone had placed a log next to the nest and placed a blaze orange ribbon to let people know to keep away.  Last I saw  the nest was still there with one egg but couldn't see the mother...
Saw Millie the Moose again.  She was a ways from where we first saw her.  Probably trying to get away from the black flies.  Always nice to see an animal like a Moose wandering free.  She just watched us for a moment then calmly walked into the bush and disappeared.
Had a flock of Canada Geese land on our lake today.  There had to be about 20 of them.  They just slowly explored our end of the lake and then took off about an hour later.  Really don't want them to be a permanent resident of the lake.
Then finally, we had a visitor at the bird feeder this evening.  Rare to see them out in the day time.  He ate what he could find under the bird feeder, took a glance up at it and knew he couldn't reach it.  He climbed the tree and I got a good shot of him looking down at me.
Still haven't seen a bear...

No comments: