Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

WARNING! SCENES OF VIOLENCE MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE









Once the weather turns warm I start looking for snakes.  I always keep my eyes on the ground not only to spot them but I don't want to step on one.  I anticipate seeing one but when I do, I am always startled.  This was the case tonite.  I went out to lock the garage and when I can back I saw this beauty on the cement right outside the front door.  Just sunning himself on the warm cement.  I quickly went inside and got some worms out of the fridge and tossed a few in his direction.  He didn't pay too much attention for a few minutes but then his tongue started darting in and out and his head moved back and forth in the worm's direction.  A good sign he was aware of the worm.  3 worms later and he was on his way.  I find it fascinating to watch him stalk and quickly pounce on the worm and then eat it.  Doesn't take long for him to get that worm down.
Now that I know he is around and what he looks like, I will keep my eye open for him again.

No comments: