Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

KAYAKING ON THE MIGHTY MISSISSAGI
















What an amazing day to be on the River today in 31 degree heat.  We had a bit of a breeze and the water was cool.  Mitch, Joanne and I headed out at about 11am.  Mitch got the first bass and then Joanne got one when she was off by herself.  When she re-appeared, she was so happy.  And it was a good size!!  I got a big one and it pulled me around for a while.  I had my net attached to my kayak on the right hand side and of course the fish was staying on the left hand side and some rapids were coming up.  So I was a bit distracted but I got it in the net and on the stringer without incident.  I almost lost my lifejacket!!  I took it off when the river got a bit quieter and when I was trying to land another bass, my jacket sort of floated away.  Luckily I got it back in the boat.  We finished our adventure at 3:30 so about 4 1/2 hours of fun and 5 good size bass.  Mitch is cleaning them and Joanne said she is making fish cakes.  Bass is very good!!
When we got back to the house the guys were all floating in the lake cooling off after their hard day at work.  It has been HOT up here - but no humidity thank goodness!!

No comments: