Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 30, 2020

SCOTT SISTERS BACK TOGETHER











A beauty day yesterday for the Scott Sister's Quad day.  We went to the slate quarry first to see if there was any good pieces to take home but left with just one small square piece of slate.  Then off to Driftwood Bay to check out the driftwood.  Plenty to choose from so we got a few nice easy to carry pieces.  I attached mine to the front of my quad with my assortment off bungee cords.  Never leave home without bungee cords!!  Then it was on to find more Puddingstones.  A favourite pastime for the Scott Girls.  The pickings were slim as I am sure we have already found the nice ones in our searches in years' past.  But we did manage to each find some nice ones.  I found a big one half buried  so I had to dig it out and call Joanne over to help.  It turned out to be the best one ever.  Hard to tell from the picture but it is well flecked with bigger pieces of the different colour stone.  I carried it home in the foot rest of my quad.  It was a bit warm but with our beverages that Susan made in the bubas, we were well hydrated.  On our first rest stop we heard another quad coming and it turned out to be a guest at the OutPost Lodge.  He stopped and we chatted for a few minutes.  It is very rare to run into someone out in the bush around here and I am sure he was surprised to come across three beautiful women out in the middle of nowhere sitting there drinking cocktails on their quads!! HaHa
I got a couple of action shots of Susan and Joanne crossing the bridge over the stream where we went yesterday.  We tested it out before we crossed.  It is one of the better bridges around here.
Dinner was at my house last nite.  We were all tired.
I think today is kayaking around Axe Lake - I may take my fishing rod and see what I can get!!

No comments: