Total Pageviews

Monday, October 26, 2009

FOR SATCH

I don't have a picture of her but Satch was my little grandfurbaby. She was a little black long haired cat belonging to Stacey and Andrew - and I do mean belonging to them. She would not tolerate anyone else even looking at her. We have been hissed at, swatted at, bit at, growled at etc. But it was all a big show. Deep in her little heart she was a sweet heart. Every once in a while she would come and lie down in your lap and she stayed there until either Stacey or Andrew came to get her off or you would take the chance of getting one of her little dirty looks if you wanted to move. When we would eat popcorn she would come over and evil eye you into giving her one and then she would gently take the piece of popcorn out of your hands and then growl at you with the piece of popcorn in her mouth. And she would come back for more.
She was so dainty the way she walked - Stacey would call her the little run way model cat. She would place each foot in front of the other and walk away. I once left my bedroom door open and she got in and I had to call Andrew to come and get her out because I couldn't make her move.
We never figured out why she was like that but after a while it was just her way. You learned to avoid walking close to her and to be careful not to pat her even tho I wanted to.
She was old - I think about 18 or 19 and time finally caught up to her. In the end it was the right thing to do. She had a great life with Stacey and Andrew and the rest of our family. She will be missed.

No comments: