Total Pageviews

Monday, November 9, 2009

FRIENDS IN PARADISE







We got back just in time - hurricane Ida was right on our doorstep - we had fabulous weather but the forecast for this week was rain and wind and from the looks of the weather report today, they are in for some cloudy, rainy weather. We only had 3 hours of cloudy conditions. We did what we do best - eat, drink, walk and lay out in the sun - one day for 7 hours. It was heavenly. I know it is not good for our skin but I figure what is going to kill me is already in my system so I might as well enjoy it We do use sun protection tho. We do a lot of walking - in the morning we walk at least 5 miles return for breakfast and then again for dinner. We walk, at the very least, 10 miles a day. But it is not hard to take the scenery. It is the journey, not the destination.


The food was delicious!!! We hit some new spots - the Blue Parrot - I know why they call it the "Blue" Parrot - because of all those blue haired people hanging out there - there were Jimmy Buffet and a Frank Sinatra impersonators as entertainment - not such a good combination in y opinion. All the little old ladies were swooning. I shouldn't talk - my hair is grey but I certainly wasn't swooning. I did, however, swoon over the blackened grouper sandwich - the BEST I have ever tasted. We also went back to a couple of old favourites like the Cuban Restaurant - 2 for 1 Mojitos and a Cuban sandwich - Yum Yum - I guess the secret is in the "press". It blends all the juices together.


I didn't go out with the guys this morning - I have to unpack, do laundry, clean up the place a bit. It is not bad considering there were 3 guys left alone all last week. I made dinner for them last night and I was a queen. They just flattered me so I would cook dinner for them every night. I have a spiral glazed ham I picked up at Pino's in the Sault in mind for dinner.


Rejean left me my gun with some slugs just in case I see some deer down in the clearing out back - he has noticed some activity down there so all I have to do is quietly open the window and take my shot - BUT I still don't know if I can do it - it is going to come down to the last second if I can do it. Hopefully I won't have to make that choice today.


I feel good today - it is nice to be with friends - see people you haven't seen in a little while. I still have a smile on my face and I know that it will last a long time. Thank you.


We booked our rooms for next year at the Bon Aire. My sisters Susan and Joanne will be coming with us. I am already planning for the next time...


See Ya By

No comments: