Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

WITH GREAT APPRECIATION TO SCOTIABANK

The Wharncliffe Citizen's Committee received a cheque for $1000 today from Scotiabank!!!!  It is in recognition of my volunteer activities and support of the worthy causes in my community.  It is the second time I have applied for the funding and the second time my application has been approved. 
I worked at Scotiabank for 30 years and to know that they will still support me in my efforts in my  community is very encouraging.  In today's economy, it is difficult to find the resources to support a cause other than your own.  Time is precious.  I feel that the Wharncliffe Community Hall and Fire Team are worthy of my efforts.  As I've said before, it is the hardest work I have ever done but the most satisfying. 

Volunteering is good for the soul...

No comments: