Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

OH GIVE ME A HOME...

Along highway 17 there is a herd of buffalo and I have always been meaning to stop and get a picture so yesterday when Stacey and I were coming home from the Sault the herd was right beside the highway so we stopped and got our pictures.  We got out of the car and approached the fence and took our pictures - I guess they spook easily so they all started moving away - except that big one on the left in the bottom picture.  He stood his ground and looked our way - it actually looked like a warning stare and it entered my mind that he could charge the fence.  But he didn't and Stacey can run faster than me so she was in no danger.  I, on the other hand, would have been but the car was not too far off.  There is a place just past the herd that you can purchase bison meat.  Bob cooked a bison roast once and it was good - I would like to try the ground bison.
Just another exciting moment in my life...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all know how you luv your Chili Dogs, well check out the Windsor Star recipe today for Bison Chili Cheddar Dogs. the picture looks really good. Let us know if the taste as good as they look

Anonymous said...

He was taking a bathroom break; was probably pissed that you interupted and were taking pictures