Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 3, 2013

IT IS MY BIRTHDAY TODAY...

In terms of days and moments lived, I will never be as young as I am today so I shall spend this day, the youth of my future, in a way that deflects regret.  I will invest in myself.  I will have some fun.  I will do something important.  I will love someone extra.  In one sense I am just a kid, but a kid with enough years on her to know that everyday is priceless.
-used without permission from Victoria Moran's Younger By The Day

I am 60 years old today - when did that happen?  I only feel old in my left big toe joint.  Everything else still feels (but may not look) like I did in my 20s or 30s.  I have always said age is just a number - it is only how you feel.  I have for years let my hair turn as it wants which is getting more grey as we speak but I like it.  I can't see me going back to darker hair and I am not a blond so I am where I should be.  I am amazed when I look in the mirror and see the changes that the years have brought but that is how it should be - this is how I look at 60.  I see my Mother and my Grandmothers.  I see my Father in me as well.  I take care of myself.  I have been exercising for over 15 years and I used to walk marathons.  My mantra is If you stop, you'll drop.  So I don't.  I am active up here.  Fishing, hunting, doing the wood, up and down 17 stairs I don't know how many times a day.  You can't be inactive and live up here.  I have people that I love and who love me.  There is a lot that I am thankful for.

I am happy!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the sixty crowd.
Have a good one.

Anonymous said...

love you so much sis-glad you enjoyed your day