Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 4, 2013

JUST STUFF





First off I apologize for the delay in posting anything since last Saturday - I promised when I started this blog that I wouldn't be a "once-a-week" blogger but sometime shit happens.  I can swear now because my "filters" Mr and Mrs Barr unfortunately no longer have access to a computer to see my posts.  So I will probably swear a little bit more often...but not too much.
We had company - Rick and Joan and Steve and Jenn.  There was a lot of work plus a lot of fun had during their visits.  Steve got his skull collection out and put some to good use as you can see.  He put the steer skull on his shed and Rick put some others on his outhouse.  I think they look great!!  Hope his grand kids think the same when they see it.
Jenn was busy raking out her little cove.  She borrowed my hip waders to help her get right into the thick of things plus I think they gave her a sense of security from the dock spiders living in the rocks next to her.  I guess they were rather big - but then again so was the snake that lives over there too as you can see in the next picture.  I spied him coiled up catching some sun - getting ready to eat those big dock spiders.  See - snakes are our friends.
I also got a shot of a dragon fly resting on the rocks.  The bugs have been horrible this year but just when you can't stand them, the dragon flies come out in droves.  They are everywhere.  There are so many different species and each one is beautiful.  They are also our friends.  They eat bugs!!!
Busy times right now.  Getting ready for Joanne to come next Saturday then Mitch the week after.  Sue and Jack will be up for the middle week.  There never seems to be enough time to do everything I want to do. But in the end, it will all work out.  It always does.
See Ya Bye

No comments: