Total Pageviews

Friday, July 5, 2013

ROAD TRIP




Finally made it to Elliot Lake today with Ron and Rejean to pick up some walleye fry on behalf of the North Shore Fisheries.  They raise the fish in ponds, which they then drain into smaller holding pens where they are scooped out and distributed to various lakes in the region.  There was a big snapper in the drained pond and I got a pretty good picture of him from a safe distance.  I don't think he was very hungry as I am sure he fed well on the fish and polliwogs in the pond.  I got to meet some of the other members of the organization as well.  I got my hours in as this is my new volunteer organization - later in the year we will be checking out some lakes for future stocking.  And I will be checking out the lakes for future fishing...just saying.

No comments: