Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE




Yes kids, another year over and a new one has just begun.  We brought in the New Year, as usual, on Axe Lake.  I made my deviled eggs for the pot luck dinner that was being served at approximately 7pm.  We headed over at 6:15 to get all set up.  I brought some Margaritas to drink (even tho it was a Tuesday, I made an exception to my drinking rule).  The weather called for a very cold evening and it hit the -25 mark as called for (but we woke up this morning to -30!!)  We bundled up.  I had on a t-shirt, turtleneck sweater and a sweater then my snowmobile pants. Thick sox and my big boots.  Then my fur hat, alpaca mittens in my bigger mitts and finally my work down coat.  I could hardly move!!  I felt like the Pilsbury dough girl.  As long as you were by the fire you were fine.  But we ate in Joy and Arnold's garage.  And what a feast - as you can see by the roaster full of ribs, and sausage.  There was chili, my eggs, meat pies, buns, dips, cheese and fruit trays and meatballs.  We were a small group last nite - no kids or teenagers.  Darlene made the decorations - you would be surprised what can be done with duct tape :o)  The final picture is of Daisy, Ron and Darlene's little dog - a cross between a bichon frise and a sheltie - what a great combination.

I was home and in bed by 12:30...

No comments: