Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 27, 2009

BACK AT WORK

Today I was at the Wharncliffe Hall from 9:30am til 7pm preparing for tomorrow's chicken and fish fry. It will be the first dinner at the new hall. There were 5 of us doing all the preparations - Mary-Lou, Phyllis, Vickie, Paten and myself. We should have more help tomorrow. I did the pasta salad, the macaroni salad and the deviled eggs. I had a devil of a time with the eggs. I think they were new eggs. They would not peel properly. Took me and MaryLou quite a while to get them all peeled. 90 eggs!! Poor Paten peeled 50 lbs of potatoes. With a knife!! I like a potato peeler myself. It is really the hardest work I have ever done. And it will be harder tomorrow. When 5pm comes around and we have 100 people standing there ready to eat, you better have it all ready. Phyllis stands at her food mixer and does the mashed potatoes. I usually do the corn and keep everything loaded in the servers. And when someones calls for potatoes, I come a'runnin'. It is hard work but I enjoy it. And it is only during the summer and 1 a month.
I'll take some action photos tomorrow.
See Ya By

No comments: