Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 22, 2011

SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR EYES

The right way to enjoy the River - notice they are wearing their PFDs


What were they thinking?????????????


There is a place I like to go just to enjoy the scenery - I happened to be there just as these 3 people decided to launch a "small" boat and then all 3 proceeded to get in the boat - at least the girl had the sense to put her life jacket on - the other 2 jackets were in the bottom of the boat. They paddled out to the middle in the fast current - they all had fishing rods and were fishing. I was planning out a rescue scenario in my mind. And I think the other 2 people in the canoe were also thinking the same thing. The 2 canoeist were from Snowshoe Camp and were enjoying the river. Then, when I thought I had seen it all, one of the guys in the little boat gets a snag and proceeds to STAND UP in the little boat and vigorously whipped the rod to try and dislodge the snag!!!! I had to look away and wait for the screams. But, they did not flip the boat. Only once when I was looking did they almost tip. A scary moment. And they had beverages with them!! I am happy to report that they all made it back to shore safely. I hope they don't try that again.


See Ya Bye

No comments: