Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 22, 2011

TURTLE TIME













First off, there are lots of new posts so they may not all be on this page - just go to "older posts" at the bottom of the page to see more - there has been a lot of "blog-worthy" stuff.







I ask Rejean to take a camera along with him when he goes out and it paid off a couple of days ago when they went to set the minnow trap. Rick and Rejean came across this old Geezer (I guess it is Geezerette because she was laying her eggs) down an old logging road. She was a big one - take a look at her claws!! And her tail was prehistoric looking. It is a Snapper!!!
They go to the edge of the roads to lay their eggs in the gravel. And this time of year they are out in force - you have to be careful because they are on the roads trying to get across and on the sides of the road. I came across one while I was out picking garbage. It was turned over on it's back - most likely from the passing trucks which put out a great deal of breeze. I, of course, rescued it by flipping it and carrying it off into the swampy area. It was not a Snapper. Those things can swing their heads around and bite you and you can't get it to let go without cutting it's head off - not my idea of a good time.





It is raining today so I am catching up on my neglected household duties.


See Ya Bye - don't forget to scroll down for more interesting stuff







No comments: