Total Pageviews

Monday, June 27, 2011

BASSWOOD BEAUTY


Yesterday, Sunday, we went for a 4 1/2 hour cruise on Basswood Lake on Roger's new pontoon boat (I call them patio putt putts but they are party boats) Roger has a place on Axe Lake but our mutual friends, Plain Jane and Les, have a place on Basswood Lake and they also have a pontoon boat. So it was decided to have a pontoon boat party - Roger launched in Basswood and away we all went. There was 8 of us on Roger's boat and 8 on Les'. It was a perfect day - sunny and hot and very little breeze. No bugs!!! Basswood has some beautiful "camps" on it - some vintage and some very new. This one caught my eye as well as a number of others. But the taxes are very high on this lake so I will stay put where I am. The lake itself is very deep and very clear - I liken it to the Caribbean - and very cold. The bass are still on their nests!!
After the cruise, we had a great dinner - it was pot-luck and I brought my deviled eggs - hey, when everyone likes them and they barely make it to the table, you know what to bring. There was pizza caserole, a rice and sausage dish, perogies, chicken, salads and more. Everyone had plenty to eat.
A good time was had by all and I got a start on my tan.
See Ya Bye
Posted by Picasa

No comments: