Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WOOD IF I COULD

Last Monday and Tuesday, Rejean and I helped Ron and Mary stack their fire wood.  It's a big job for them so we helped.  Ron drove the tractor - we filled the bucket from the wood pile outside, then Ron drove the tractor inside the drive/wood shed where I handed the pieces of wood to Rejean who stacked it.  I am not allowed to stack because I am not very good at it - my stacks fall - Rejean's were near enough perfect - even Ron was impressed.  I know my limitations.  So for 6 hours each day, minus union breaks and lunch breaks, we did that. We had quite the rhythm going. There were some big spiders in that wood pile and each time I would jump because I spotted one, Ron would laugh at me.  Rejean killed them for me, saving my life yet again.  The lunches Mary provided were delicious!!  Sandwiches on grainy bread, veggies, cheeses and desert - had to keep our strength up.  But we got it done - about 25 cord I think he said.  Each row over 6 feet high and at least 20 feet long and two rows deep covering 3 sides of the building - now that's a lot of wood!!
See Ya Bye

ps-probably the last picture of the tractor - big news on a later blog...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that your tractor or Ron's tractor in the photo ?

northernbliss said...

That is our tractor in the picture.

Unknown said...

Holey molly, that is a lot of wood!!!

Unknown said...

That should say holey moley.... Sometimes autocorrect is a pain in the a$$!