Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 18, 2016

FINALLY A WALLEYE



It was hot today but we had planned to go fishing with Mitch and Joanne on Tunnel Lake.  We met them at Hooverville launch at 7:30 and we were fishing by 7:45.  Fishing was a bit slow but we were getting snagged up a lot.  I finally switched to a jig and a worm.  I got a small walleye.  Didn't fight much - I actually thought it was a snag but that's just how they were hitting.  We finally moved and later stopped and had lunch on a beautiful sandy beach - tons of polliwogs and minnows hanging around.  Mitch took us to his secret bay and that is where I got my big walleye.  And again I thought I had a snag only this time a bigger snag.  thought I was pulling up a stump.  Then I felt the head shake and knew I had a good one on.  It was a beauty and Rejean netted it for me.  A little while later I got a nice bass that  didn't loose.  Everyone caught a fish except poor Joanne but I am sure she will make up for it this summer.  We finished fishing at about 2:30.  Came home and had a nice cold beer.

No comments: