Total Pageviews

Friday, May 14, 2010

THE FISHING GODS WERE SMILING TODAY

I moved a bit too soon before the camera went off
It was a head shaker - on my ultra lite rod - 4 lb test line - hook and a worm and splitshot - nice Brookie

Rick and his decapitated Brookie - the water was too cold for the fish to be active - 47 degrees!!!


The plan was to go stream fishing today - Rick's first fishing trip of the season. The truck was packed yesterday - we were all ready to go. This morning it was cloudy and overcast and rain was predicted. Rejean said it wasn't a good day to go out. But Rick and I talked him into it. Good thing as Rick and I caught the fish today. Rick caught his on the stream and I caught mine in Chris' favourite spot - sorry Chris - by the time you get up here there will be more there. I had 2 more on but the first one broke my line!!! and the second one, a rainbow that jumped, got off also. But it was fun none the less. Any day you can get out fishing is a good day. The fish gods weren't too happy with Rejean so he didn't get any.
We are off to Cal and Sal's for cocktail at 4pm - by the time we get home we can BBQ some burgers. Steve and Jason come in tomorrow afternoon. It will be a working week for them - starting on the bunkie!!! AND the pickerel season opens tonite at midnite - we'll be out tomorrow at 6pm - and I feel lucky!!!
See Ya Bye

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice fish Janet. You said you are going fishing 6pm dont you mean 6am ???

northernbliss said...

Nope - it is 6pm - I am retired and if I really don't have to get up early I won't. The fish will be there at 6pm. Betcha...

Anonymous said...

hey nice fish, forget how to catch them Ray.....ha ha. The fish Gods are fickle and love to haunt everybody. Nice fish though...