Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 24, 2010

ROAD TRIP - AND HOW!!!

Stacey and Jodie decided to stay an extra week up here and they were trying to figure out a way back home to Windsor. I offered to drive them back and then bring Rejean's mom back up here with me. Things had to fall into place for that to happen and it did!! If you want the full road trip down to Windsor =, check out Stacey's blog at "ultraprincess.blogspot.com" You will find her blog very entertaining.
We left here at about 8:30 - right on time. Just 5 minutes down the road at the Axe Lake road we cam across an accident - a big rig had taken the curve too fast - probably - and flipped it's load of 2 x 6's all over the place - it looked like pick up stix, the game. The trailer part had burned - I didn't notice the cab portion but I heard after that the driver escaped just with minor injuries. There was a whole crew there picking up the lumber - boo hoo for us locals who could have put that lumber to good usage. Last winter a big rig had dumped it's load of sawdust at that very corner and it was left there. Some locals have put that sawdust to good use!! We know how to utilize any opportunity presented to us.
Stacey Jodie Sadie and myself shopped our way back to Windsor - we arrived at 9:30 pm to a house without beer!!!! I settled for a funky cooler and the girls dank red wine. The next morning, after a shower and a McDonald's hamburger for breakfast, I picked up Rejean's mom for the flip flop trip back. We hit a bad storm at 1pm just outside of Detroit but then it was smooth sailing all the way back home. We arrived back at 9:30pm, had a few beers and finally went to bed at midnight. All the rest of the tourists were expected in at various times during the nite. I think Matt and Nicky came in at 12:30, Jenn and Steve a little later and then Anne and James at about 2 or 3am. All the cars are here but no people yet.
Chris called at about 8am this morning - I quickly grabbed the phone and explained the situation but she hung up and then Barb called. I have the phone off the hook now to let the tourists sleep. Joanne and Mitch come in tomorrow (they have their own place on Axe Lake) and then Barb and her son Jody come in on Monday (they stay at their place on Chubb Lake).
But I feel pretty good considering what I have been thru - but it was an adventure and I loved every minute of it - I got to visit with Stacey and Jodie a bit longer and Rejean's mom and I had a great ride back. Life IS Good!!

See Ya Bye

No comments: